The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Monday, December 13, 2004
Secretary Lieberman?
Now that Kerik's out (for whatever reason), some noise is being made again around Joe Lieberman for Homeland Security Director or National Intelligence Director.

I don't like this for a number of reasons. Yes, I disagree with Joe Lieberman on foreign policy issues (he's a hawk), and yes I'd hate to lose another Dem senator, no matter who he is, because the GOP gets closer to 60 that way (Conn gov would probably appoint a Republican). But more importantly, I just don't like the idea of any Democrat joining this administration, having to say good things about them. And I especially don't like, as someone pointed out in the Kos diaries, the potential of a terrorist attack being blamed on a Democrat.

I hope Lieberman is offered the job, and publicly turns it down.
posted by CB @ 11:45 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER