The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, February 02, 2005
Conn considers Death Penalty
Connecticut held a public judiciary hearing yesterday on abolishing the death penalty, or at least that's what it turned out to be when the majority of the speakers had spoken.

For those interested, I'm strongly against the death penalty, which I studied somewhat extensively at Amherst under Austin Sarat. Sarat's academic focus, if I may be so bold as to boil down all the great work he's done into one theme, is the effect of living in a "killing state" on American culture.

I recommend his books.
posted by CB @ 1:40 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER