The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Bomb Al-Jazeera? Not even this administration is that dumb
I think this memo, alledgedly reporting that Tony Blair had to talk GWB out of bombing Al-Jazeera, is bullshit. I think Bush is about as inept as it gets, but I don't think there's a chance in hell that more than 1 person in the White House or Pentagon would give actual consideration to bombing anything in Qatar, which is an incredibly valuable ally to us in the mideast.

If real life was like "The West Wing", this story would have been concocted by some smart political operative in the White House to scare Al-Jazeera into being less accomodating to Al Qaeda, perhaps not giving them air time whenever they wanted it. That I'd put a small chance on. But a real idea? I believe (hope) that Bush is not that stupid.
posted by CB @ 5:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER