The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Who should be chair of the Democratic National Committee?
This person will likely have significant responsibility for capturing and articulating the Democrats' new platform, based on a moral vision, etc. Who do you think will do it best?

Daily Kos goes through the options. Personally, I think it's the ideal spot for Howard Dean. He showed, with Democracy for America after his campaign ended, that he truly believes in starting the movement from the ground up, with grassroots support of progressive local candidates, and building the party of the future.

And he says he's considering it. It would preclude him from running in 2008. Much as I think he would have been a good president, I accept that he proably will never win, so I hope the Dr. decides to take this job.
posted by CB @ 9:29 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CB,
    I agree that the chair of the DNC should embody the new Democrat vision. However, I dissagree that Dean is that embodiment.

    I think Dems should take a page from the Republican playbook and put a celeb, like Arnold, in a visible leadership position. That is why I propose, that right here, right now, on the blog named for your dog, we start the movement. The movement to make Dick Vitale the DNC chair. I don't even know if he's a Democrat, but I'd guess he doesn't know either. He could call freshmen Senators "diaper dandies" and he'd do well rallying the youth vote on college campuses.

    I'm just messing around....or am I?

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger CB said…

    Anon -
    Other suggestions:
    Shaquile O'Neal - afterall, what's our best demographic?
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. - or any NASCAR driver who returns our call
    Elton John - F the political center
    Natalie Portman - saw a picture of her in a John Kerry shirt. close the gender gap!

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Bakley said…

    I have a radical notion for a multiple head DNC chair. A group that reaches across the divide and does away with pre-conceived notions. A few guys that have already achieved so much in one arena and may be looking for another to conquer:

    The Fab Five from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER