The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Monday, December 12, 2005
Mexico better at human rights than America
Fulfilling my civic duty as a potential juror today, which basically means sitting around (potentially for 3 days straight) surfing the web and reading A Million Little Pieces. It's awesome.

Anyway, today Mexico outlawed the death penalty, which is wonderful. They hadn't executed anyone in 40+ years, but still a great symoblic step.

Also makes me incredibly sad to think that the most prosperous country in the world lags a country so corrupt and seemingly screwed up as Mexico when it comes to human rights.

The death penalty will indeed someday be illegal in all developed and civilized parts of the world, and we will rightfully look back on it as barbaric... the lynching of our time. How long will it take before America sees what the rest of the world sees?

I'm hoping it's by 2010. I think there's a good chance.
posted by CB @ 1:36 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi CB,

    I can't for the life of me get your email address to work :(

    Can you drop me a line at ddermody@gmail.com

    I have a proposition I'd like to put to you regarding your odds compiling.

    Don't be alarmed, this not spam or a sales enquiry, or anything of the sort :)

    Regards,

    Denis

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER