The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, October 20, 2006
My November Hunch
I should not write this.

Not only is it bad luck, but it's also much more likely to be wrong than right. Some other times when I've thought things like this, I've been dead wrong.

But I'm going to write it anyway.

I think it's possible that November 7th is an absolute blowout in favor of the Democrats. Not just a capture of one of the houses, or even both of the houses, but I mean a totally dominating, incumbent-surprising, whip our government into shape moment.

But, as I said, I'm probably wrong.
posted by CB @ 12:28 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the you're wrong, but not because democrats don't deserve it. The way this government has been run over the last 2 years, the Republicans deserve a bashing.

    The reason that it won't be a blowout is because Americans vote on individual races, not a popular referendum on the Republican party. And as individuals, the Republican congressmen don't look as bad.

    For the record, I'm pulling for the Democrats. I would like to see Congress in control of one party and the Presidency in control of the other.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you might be on to something- I too have hope for November. I understand the point about American's voting on individual races, but American's also vote along party lines. There is a quote in today’s New York Times from Louise Slaughter (NY-D) stating: “I think we have the best chance to take over simply because of the pileup of disasters.” The more American's become disenfranchised from the Republican party the better for the Dems in November.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER