The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Newsweek Campaign Series
Newsweek has a very thorough behind the scenes look into the campaign, on both sides, starting with the primary. Here's a link to Chapter 2 (where you can also go to the other chapters) about Rove's strategy if Dean was the nominee... gives us an idea of what that campaign season would have looked like.
posted by CB @ 10:28 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The 'Dean is angry' criticism seems like it would have stuck less effectively than the 'Kerry flip-flops' thing, but then again, you look at 'The Scream' (which I think was obviously overplayed and exaggerated to an infuriating extent) and I think that perhaps I am wrong about that.

    But can't you imagine Dean getting out the base by saying, "You're damn right I'm mad. And I'm doing something about it by running for president."

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger CB said…

    The reason I liked Dean so much is because I thought he was honest and straightforward. And I couldn't remember a Democrat like that - Clinton, Gore, Kerry all were surely not like that. Maybe Gephardt.

    And I supported him because I thought that particular quality neutralized one of Bush's only strengths - that he was consistent and determined; Dean was too!

    So while during the campaign I felt that Kerry was probably better than Dean, seeing how much emphasis was placed on Bush's steadiness has led me back to my original view that Dean perhaps had a better shot.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER