The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Monday, November 15, 2004
Upcoming NY Elections
Some big elections are coming up in New York in the next two years.

In 2005, Bloomberg runs for re-election, probably against current City Council speaker Gifford Miller. This one interests me because, honestly, I like Bloomberg a bit. I love the smoking ban. I like his fighting for a sensible allocation of homeland security funds based on where the threat is (check out how much money Alaska gets per person versus New York... I know the nominal total is much bigger in NY, but remember this is for defense against terrorists, not regular federal funding). I even somewhat like the West Side stadium idea, while I'll admit I have done no research on the financing of it. But I hate that he's a Democrat turned Republican. So it will be interesting.

In 2006, Pataki runs for re-election (probably) and the Democrats will likely have a primary pitting Senator Schumer against Attorney General Spitzer. Frankly, I think they're both pretty great, but I'm inclined to support Spitzer at the moment because he's shown he's willing to take on entrenched power, and Albany needs shaking up more than anywhere. Spitzer started a website. Sign up for updates.
posted by CB @ 9:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER