The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Monday, November 15, 2004
Schumer's not running in 2006
Wow. This surprises me. He was so evasive in the recent senate re-election campaign (using the age-old line about "the senate is the only thing on my radar screen right now") that it's very surprising that he's come out so definitively so quickly after the election. A chance he's angling for the nomination in 2008? That's really the only reason I can think of. Or else Spitzer scared him off somehow.

So the nomination is Spitzer's. I have to say, I see this as a great development. He gets to avoid a real primary fight (anyone who steps up won't be able to beat him), can fundraise primarily for the general election against Pataki or whoever runs, and basically gives him a great shot to be the next NY Gov. Democrats who seek to become the party of the people again have to like Spitzer.
posted by CB @ 5:18 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER