The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, December 03, 2004
Kerik
Perhaps a lot of people in the country don't care who the Homeland Security secretary is, or listen much to what he says, but as a New Yorker I care and I listen. So I have to say that the pick of Bernard Kerik, former NYC police chief, as well as today's announcement of an increase in funds to high-target cities, get my approval, from a keeping NYC safe perspective.

Kerik, however, must also do a lot more than Tom Ridge to ensure domestic security - including better safety of nuclear facilities, increased inspections of shipping crates, increased immigration policing and airport detection.
posted by CB @ 8:34 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER