The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Tuesday, January 25, 2005
I Like What I See
I like what I see out of top Democrats lately. It seems like they're being a little fiestier than they've been in the past. Perhaps they learned something about being the opposition party. Among the good actions recently:

  • Barbara Boxer standing up against 99 other Senators to support an investigation into election abnormalities in Ohio
  • Barbara Boxer and John Kerry holding Condi Rice accountable for the Bush Administration's reprehensible foreign policy, and voting against her
  • Hillary Clinton making sensible noises on finding common ground with abortion opponents
  • Harry Reid's performance so far as Minority Leader, including introducing 10 bills as the Democratic Agenda for the 109th Congress, symbolic as it may be

But this can only be a stopgap. We have about a year and a half to recruit, fund, and elect Democrats to reclaim Congress.

posted by CB @ 11:09 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger gecko said…

    If you read my blog, you will see I am no fan of the Democratic Party. Being in California, I can say without reservation that Senator Boxer is a lame bloviator of innane rhetoric! I agree for the most part on the rest of your post, though. I look forward to visiting more often...

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger CB said…

    Thanks. But I'm a fan of Boxer. Hers is a voice that you don't often hear from Democratic Senators. She's our Rick Santorum, or Sam Brownback.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger gecko said…

    Well, here is the ultimate Barbara Boxer. Our Senator from California touts a false statement that a great majority of servicemembers killed in Iraq are from her state. This is not the case, unless you take is as meaning they deployed from here (at Camp Pendleton).

    Yesterday, I find out that the great Senator (who by her statement has great concern for us servicemembers in her state) is visiting the base. Did she visit with a large group of Marines, like the President did? No, she olny wanted to meet with select family members (about 25 was the count).

    I agree that a dissenting voice among the yes-men is needed on occasion, but there has to be intelligence behind that voice. Easy win Senators like Boxer and Kennedy (not to nmention Kerry) need not bother with intelligence when their constituents are a bunch of rocks to begin with!

    In any case, I'm escaping this place in a couple months. I'll be heading to a more intelligent Democrart stronghold; hell, Democrats conned their way to governorship in Washington - that's crafty!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER