The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, February 11, 2005
Friday Prez Odds Update
GOP:
Cheney's out. Lowering him a little.
Giuliani visited South Carolina. I thought there was a chance he wouldn't run, but this tells me I was wrong. Improved his odds.
I think I was lowballing Condi Rice. People are talking her up as the way to neutralize Hillary. She's my big mover of the week - going from 75:1 to 22:1.

Dems:
Hardball says Gore is running. Move to 9:2.
Anyone see John Edwards's speech in New Hampshire last weekend? He's definitely running. We all knew that, but it's surprising that he's out stumping already, and his speech is pretty good. But he still seems a little plastic. Keeping him at 4:1.
Apparently Richardson is in. I still think 6:1 is about right.
I'm moving Joe Biden down to 8:1 - nothing about his intentions yet.


    posted by CB @ 11:15 AM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Bill Richardson, governor of New Mexico + Martin O'Malley, mayor of Baltimore = 2008

      The mind reels.

       
    • At 1:37 PM, Blogger CB said…

      I think O'Malley is more likely to run for Maryland governor in 2006 than to be anywhere in the Prez/VP game. Maybe next decade.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     


    Recent Posts
    Archives
    Contact Me
    Email me
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER