The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, March 02, 2005
Here we go again
Bush demands that Syria leave Lebanon. I don't like the word "demands". I don't want another war.

A Clarification for Seth: First of all, I appreciate the implication that liberalism is defined by this blog. My readership has been steadily increasing, but I didn't realize I'd reached that level until you wrote it.

Anyway, I'm all for the Lebanese rebelling to expel Syria, as they have been. Because in the absence of genocide or egregious human rights violations I believe it is wise to let people self-determine. But I think the U.S. endangers all its citizens when it uses its overwhelming force to enact its political will. So what I don't like is the implication that I see behind Bush's words that he's open to going to war with Syria. I can't believe I even have to talk like this in the 21st century - that wars can just be started left and right - but Bush has brought us to this level.
posted by CB @ 6:01 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger CB said…

    If an occupying force is the standard, where have Bush (and Clinton, and Bush Sr.) been since 1976? Clearly there are other issues at play. NATO countries have a mutual commitment - nonesuch exists with Lebanon.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER