The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, July 06, 2005
NYTimes Magazine Conversation with Chuck Hagel
In case you missed it over the weekend, read this (very short) interview with Chuck Hagel, who I think has a very good shot at the Republican nomination in 2008. I'm a Democrat, but I agree with Hagel about at least one thing:
In terms of the deficit, we have blown the top right off. We're a bunch of Democrats.

I've never heard anyone call President Bush a Democrat.

That's my point. We're less honest about it. We built the biggest government history has ever seen under a Republican government. The Democrats are better because they are honest about it. They don't pretend. I admire that. They'll say: ''We want more money. We need more money.''
posted by CB @ 11:14 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER