The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Thursday, August 11, 2005
On Roberts
News lately is that big-business America is very happy with the nomination of John Roberts to the Supreme Court.

You know what? The more I think about it, the more I'm really okay with this guy, and think he could end up being better than expected from a Bush presidency. I like that his wife is against the death penalty. I like that he advised gay groups on legislation against hate crimes. I just think this guy is one of those conservatives, like some friends of mine, who articulate their philosophy in a sensible manner and have the guts to go against party doctrine when their heart isn't in it. By no means is he the guy I'd pick, or expect Kerry to have picked, but I can't help but think that 10 years from now we might be extremely thankful that Bush picked this guy from the group he was considering.
posted by CB @ 10:27 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER