The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Thursday, April 13, 2006
Religious America
This is an interesting map. I didn't realize that the plains states had the highest percentage of religous adherents. I would have thought that Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee would be deeper red. Also, West Virginia really confounds me - I would have thought that to be deep red as well and it's very light yellow. Same with the adjoining parts of Ohio. I think that might be from a dearth of population or reporting congregations in those areas.



Source: http://regionsofmind.blog-city.com/mapping_religion_in_america.htm
posted by CB @ 11:33 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Bakley said…

    you know what is interesting to me about this map and it speaks to the whole blue/red media driven simplictic approach to complicated things?

    I see very high religious concentrations in some "blue" or "purple" states like Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and others and some not so high religious readings in red states like you point out.

    I think this whole lock on religious people by the right is hogwash.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER