The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Newark's long march starts today
Congratulations to the residents of Newark, NJ for making the right decision (4 years late) and electing Cory Booker mayor.

I wrote about Cory in May '05, saying "Cory will undoubtedly win the mayoral election in Newark in May 2006" and tagged him as my first highlighted Up and Coming Democrat (did I ever have a second?) in November '04.

Cory, a Rhodes Scholar, Yale Law grad, All-American football player at Stanford, who chose to live in a housing project and work to rejuvenate Newark, is exactly the type of politician places like Newark need. I hope that he can get a lot done there in a short time, because his skills are needed more broadly.

I predict the NJ governorship in 4 or 8 years, and then a run for President around 2016. And he'll have my support all the way.
posted by CB @ 9:41 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger CB said…

    Yea, I saw it. Amazing that kind of stuff still happens.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER