The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Wednesday, August 09, 2006
So Lieberman Lost
Wow. I have to say I am surprised, and have been for the last two weeks since that Q-Poll came out showing Lamont leading Lieberman by 13%. It turns out the the CT Senate primary narrowed substantially in the final days, and Lamont only beat Lieberman by 4 points.

But the fact that we're even saying that is amazing, and must be considered in context. Lieberman is an 18-year Senator and was a hair away from the Vice Presidency. He had a 50 point lead over his basically unknown, single-issue (at the time) challenger a few months ago. Nobody except a few bloggers were supporting Lamont.

I've been on Ned's email list for awhile, but never thought he stood a chance (until 2 weeks ago). Lieberman totally underestimated the response, to the extent that even JUST A MONTH AGO, he was giving the OPENING ARGUMENT ON THE REPUBLICAN SIDE against Kerry/Feingold's motion to set a target date for bringing the troops home.

Lieberman's concession last night also troubles me somewhat. We all know he's running as an independent now (though many think he'll drop out), but this language strikes me as anti-democratic:

For the sake of our state, our country and my party, I cannot and will not let that result stand.”

Careful Joe.
posted by CB @ 10:54 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER