|Social moderates should be very scared of what Bushcould potentially do to the Supreme Court, with 1-3 justices likely retiring during the next term. Consider his federal appeals court nominees:
- Carolyn Kuhl: Urged the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade and has fought against environmental protections
- Bill Pryor: Said Roe is "the worst abomination in the history of contitutional law". Opposed a ruling saying tying prisoners to hitching posts is cruel and unusual
- Claude Allen: Has worked to censor discussions of contraception in sex ed classes. Compared abortion to genocide
- Charles Pickering: Called for a constitutional amendment to ban abortion. Authored articles on how states could strengthen laws banning interracial marriage
- James Leon Holmes: Wrote in a newspaper article that "the wife is to subordinate herself to the husband" and "the woman is to place herself under the authority of the man"
- 9 other appointees on record as wanting to overturn Roe.
The country will regress 10-40 years if Bush is allowed to shape the SupremeCourt. This is also an argument for voting a pure Democratic ticket wherever you are, so that judges like the above can be blocked.