The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, April 22, 2005
Friday Prez Odds Update
Dems:
- At the California Democratic Convention last weekend, Wes Clark gave a very well-received speech, which included the following:

"Am I going to run again?"
[LOTS OF APPLAUSE]
"Well...I'll certainly have to take your advice about that."


Sounds like an announcement to me. Barring something dramatic, count Wes Clark in as one of the Final Five or so in 2008. He'll have more time to prepare and assemble a more experienced staff. Improving his odds from 11:1 to 8:1.


Republicans:
- With Bill Frist taking some heat lately for the direction in which he's taking the Senate (and the Senate as a whole having very low approval ratings), I'm going to knock the Dr. down a notch from 4:1 to 5:1.
- Which means that Chuck Hagel, Senator from Nebraska that few have heard of, becomes my favorite at the moment for the 2008 Republican Presidential Nomination, at 9:2. He's likeable, which Republicans think qualifies you to run the country, so that helps. Fundraising will be his big challenge.
posted by CB @ 12:06 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger CB said…

    I wasn't kidding. You know him. I know him. Bryce Bares knows him. But my mom doesn't, and I don't know about Midge and Jack.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER