The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, April 29, 2005
Friday Prez Odds Update
Political Wire has a National Journal poll of congressional "insiders" ranking their choices for Presidential candidates. Here are their results (with my last week rank in parentheses):
Dems:
1. Clinton (1)
2. Edwards (2)
3. Warner (10)
4. Bayh (5)
5. Kerry (6)

GOP:
1. Allen (7)
2. McCain (3)
3. Frist (2)
4. Giuliani (4)
5. Romney (9)

Based on this I'm gonna move Warner and Allen up a little in my odds. The rest was pretty unsurprising. Other developments:

Dems:
- Momentum continues for Hill. I'm moving her from 4:1 to 5:2.
- Sen. Evan Bayh (IN) has $6.8m and is raising more. He's definitely running. And he is very formidable. Same likeability factor as Edwards with lots more experience. It would absolutely not surprise me if Bayh was top of the ticket in Summer '08.
- Interesting thoughts on Hillary's strategy
- I'm taking Howard Dean down to 25:1. Increasingly sure he's not going to run.

GOP:
- Mass Gov. Mitt Romney's approval rating has fallen to 43%. That doesn't do much for his presidential ambitions. Knocking him down a bit.
posted by CB @ 10:31 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a really greatSEO site. It pretty much covers seo los angeles related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Click here to learn more about bmw forum

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll have to keep that in mind exercise fitness

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a business email marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers business email marketing related stuff. Plus you can advertise to billions using our business email marketing tools.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER