The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Thursday, April 28, 2005
Today's TV makes you smarter
I agree with this article from the NYTimes magazine. My own experience with challenging television is The West Wing, a current obsession of mine (I DVR 2-3 episodes a day, and 5-6 on Monday night marathons. I try to watch 2 every weekday). As mentioned in the article, sometimes the dialogue on West Wing is incredibly smart and fast-paced. I often find myself rewinding to keep up. The writing is also extremely well-informed; in a given episode the characters will be grapplying with 2-3 policy issues, and an argument will ensue in which the viewer gets exposed to the most cutting-edge thinking on each side of the issue, so it's really an incredibly good civics/politics lesson.
posted by CB @ 2:10 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER