The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, July 22, 2005
Friday Prez Odds Update
Dems:
- I'm swapping Evan Bayh and Wes Clark. As the Iraq war shows no signs of dying down, it's hard to picture a baby-faced foreign-policy neophyte (hmm, perhaps I need to address John Edwards as well) being trusted in an era of pressing national security issues. A general on the other hand is understandably appealing. So I'm moving Clark up to 7:1 and knocking Bayh back to 9:1.
- If I'm harping on foreign policy experience, then I've also got to take Richardson down, so he's going from 6:1 to 10:1.
- Al Gore called himself "a recovering politicians" when discussing his new (non-partisan) TV station. That doesn't bode well for my theory that he'll come back and do well. So I'm obliged to take my once-2nd-favorite down further to 14:1.

GOP:
No changes today.
posted by CB @ 12:47 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know I'm a big Bill Richardson fan, so you can't expect that I'm happy with you dropping him down, but I'm mostly unhappy because he DOES have foreign policy experience, I think — wasn't he UN ambassador at some point during the Clinton years?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER