The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Friday, July 15, 2005
Supreme Court Update
So Rehnquist is staying. I must say I am extremely surprised. I really thought he was leaving this summer. I suppose he doesn't really have a strong desire to retire - his wife died a long time ago, so I guess the SC is what keeps him ticking.

Anyway, with that behind us we can get back to figuring out who will replace O'Connor, which is much trickier business than replacing Rehnquist. Obviously the biggest question is Alberto Gonzales - who Conservatives are worried about. It would have been much easier to get him through in a dual nomination with a hard conservative, but with just one nomination now I think Bush will go a different way. I'm currently guessing that one of the Edith's or Emilio Garza is going to be the pick.

Nomination to the Court:
Edith Clement - 5:1
Emilio Miller Garza - 6:1
Edith Jones - 6:1
Samuel Alito Jr. - 8:1
John Roberts - 8:1
Edward Prado - 9:1
Alberto Gonzales - 10:1
Michael McConnell - 10:1
J. Michael Luttig - 10:1
J. Harvie Wilkinson - 12:1
Ted Olson - former Solicitor General. 15:1
Janice Rogers Brown - 16:1.
Larry Thompson - 20:1
John Cornyn - 20:1
William Pryor - 25:1
posted by CB @ 8:56 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER