The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Monday, November 26, 2007
Iowa's getting interesting
I'm watching intently Mike Huckabee's rise in Iowa. Back in May '06 I said: "I think Huckabee could be the dark horse of this race, at least to make a long run." It took awhile, but he's now emerging as the guy who could unite the far-right, which is interesting, since he's an affable, marathon-running, weight-losing guy (who also happens to be a fairly ultra-conservative preacher who calls abortion a "holocaust").

And I'm not sure I believe the one poll that has Obama in front in Iowa (within the margin of error), but it's clear that Hillary's not going to coast through the first two states. Obama's chances are looking better than ever.

I'm back on his bandwagon since early October or so, after spending July through September thinking that Hillary was probably the right choice, because she's so damn smart. I now believe that her talents aren't suited to the presidency... she should be Chief of Staff, or, better yet, Senate Majority Leader, but the President is basically a vessel for our hopes and dreams, and needs to be a communicator that can reflect the national mood... Barack beats her on these metrics.
posted by CB @ 2:57 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been checking your blog for a while and enjoy checking out your odds. One thing though Dodd and Biden are both well over 100-1. Why do you list them so low?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER