The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Monday, October 23, 2006
Obama's thinking about it
On Meet the Press, Obama said he's considering running for President in 2008. I'll have to up his odds a little over on the right, because that's the most clear statement he's made yet. I've had my suspicions that he would run, and of course there's still a large chance he might not (for family reasons, I think), but now it seems like he's pretty close.

Here are my previous notes on Obama:

10/18/06: If he doesn't run, it will be for family reasons
10/12/06: I still think he's running
10/4/06: I think he's running
9/14/06: Obama should run, and probably will
8/18/06: I think he could run
6/29/06: I argue that Obama is a different kind of politician
6/19/06: WaPo speculation
5/25/06: I notice that he's hired some big-name consultants
12/15/05: Obama could be the kind of uniter people are looking for in '08 after Bush
12/6/05: I argue that Obama needs to get out of the Senate, perhaps into the IL governorship, or the VP spot. And I up him in my Presidential odds.
10/3/05: I note that I love Gore, but that I might support Obama over him if Obama runs.
11/9/04: I put Obama in my "Wild Ideas" category of candidates for 2008 Democratic nomination
posted by CB @ 11:36 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Senator Bayh is much awaited upon to announce his exploritory committee and is being looked forward to being the most important choice for President for the Democratic party and the United States Of America due to many things including his integerity, intellegent views on foreign policy, support of Israel in Middle-Eastern affairs, fiscal responsiblity in a bayh/bi-partisan manner, his strong stance on impressive education such as his 21st century scholars program that offers all students a scholorship, his experience as an seceratary of state, a two term governor, and a two term senator, as well as the strong and important region that he pulls in the election, feel free to rebutt this statement with anything that any of the other candidates have done, ie: Hillary, Gulianni, McCain, Richardson, Obama etc. but this is a minor list of what Senator Evan Bayh has achieved and still is yet to achieve...

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Allen Demolition Contractors said…

    Apppreciate this blog post

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER