The Jaker

Mostly rational politics, with occasional rants about how a few crazy Republicans are ruining the country.


Support The Jaker


Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Congratulations to the Bush administration
Yes, you read that headline correctly. I think they finally got one right. The treaty negotiated with North Korea is a winner. Economic aid for a truly impoverished country in return for shutting down their nuclear weapons program. Next step is to improve the humanitarian crisis in that country, and I hope the administration will pursue that in its bilateral talks.

I don't think (as John Bolton does) that this precedent is bad at all. In fact, this is a clear sign to Iran... this is what the carrot looks like, and you've seen the stick up-close.

I hope the administration gives them every possible chance to choose the carrot.
posted by CB @ 12:32 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Hena Gaijin said…

    I remain a skeptic until I see the North actually opening up and following through.

    I wonder why no one ever mentions that the Korean War has never officially ended; why aren't they negotiating that?

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your assume that North Korea will follow through on their obligations. They will not because there is nothing that we can feasibly do about it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


Recent Posts
Archives
Contact Me
Email me
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER